Case Study: Developing a high performing global Business Analyst community
Global leader in Cloud Security (US$4bn) based in Taiwan, Japan, USA & Europe.
Strategic development of IS team to be valued business partners required step change improvement in Business Analysis capabilities.
- Develop motivated team of analysts willing and able to make the journey to high performance
- Working with cross cultural differences
- Project management focused organisation viewed Business Analysts as junior partners
- Work collaboratively with business analysts, IT managers and Technology leadership team.
- Support Head of IT in developing providing insights, expertise to develop a plan and approach
- Develop Value proposition for the Business Analyst team.
- Identified required BA capabilities
- Engagement with stakeholders and run a series of interactive workshops (between 12 and 25 participants) to support the analyst teams to develop a route map and a project plan to develop capabilities.
- Design high impact learning and development solutions to develop influencing skills
- Support provided remotely and on-site .
Results & Benefits
- Collaborative co-creation of a route map.for community development ensured strong ownership from the Business Analysts.
- Identified characteristics of a high performing analyst team and agreed these with stakeholders.
- Route map encompassed tools, knowledge, talent development, learning / training plan, community building, body of common / good practice.
- Engaged IT managers and senior leadership team in planning the journey.